With Hurricane Dorian threatening Florida in the next few days, we thought it would be helpful to remind our community members of some hurricane preparation plans and steps that can be taken to safeguard your property.
1. Identify residents of the community who may have special medical needs and who will require special assistance in evacuations. Neighbors should offer assistance.
2. Have ready your personal insurance carrier’s contact information so that insurance claims can be filed. We retain that information for the Association.
3. Ensure that you have all of the items that you will need after the storm, such as food, water, and medicines.
4. Secure outdoor belongings that could become projectiles during the storm.
5. The Board of Directors are prepared and ready to meet/communicate after a storm to make any necessary emergency decisions that may be needed to protect residents and the community.
6. Associa is prepared to assist in filing insurance claims and securing any financing that may be needed to make post hurricane repairs.
7. Managers will be making every effort to visit your community to conduct a post storm assessment as long as conditions are safe, and their personal situation allows.
8. Associa has strong relationships with several national vendors that can assist in post hurricane recovery.
We will continue to monitor this storm very carefully and will begin to take precautionary steps as the storm nears. If you have any specific questions about your community, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Community Manager or anyone on our team.
Thank you and Stay Safe.
Associa, CMC Jacksonville